Thursday, November 18, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIRACLE

Yesterday we wore purple, today we say a prayer for the miracle of our son Carson who is a survivor of a partial placental abruption with ruptured membranes at 12 weeks 2 days gestation. On top of this, I had a protein deficiency requiring daily shots of blood thinner, a weekly hormone injection, plus meds every 6 hours around the clock to keep contractions away, and ended the pregnancy with Cholestasis of Pregnancy.

Today he is THREE YEARS OLD!

The doctor did everything he could to keep me comfortable during the last weeks of my pregnancy. The discomfort was more than anybody could ever imagine! My husband often remarked how great I was for continuing my medications for as sick as they made me. I often questioned the risk/benefit of continuing the pregnancy due to the illness and medications required.

So tomorrow, when we have people over for supper to celebrate this miracle, we have asked for people to not bring gifts and instead to bring change to donate to the March of Dimes. We are attempting to raise a "Mile of Change" for the 2011 March for Babies event!

Happy Birthday Bum...

This is the Day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment