Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Start of a Journey

Journal Entry 

January 30, 2007

This journal is to chronicle our final pregnancy.

After much discussion, Jay and I have decided on one more pregnancy.

Kevin is two, Braylie is eleven, Jordan is twelve, and Brandon is 16, The older kids are becoming more independent and will be moving along in their individual life journeys in the coming years. Kevin has so much time left at home and I feel guilty about him not having the entire sibling experience.

Of course that is not the entire reason we are adding on to our family; we have so much love to give and are excited to share it with one more child.

The last menstrual cycle began on December 30, 2006. As I wait to begin this next cycle-which should be in the next day or two-I'm eager and excited to start the final chapter of my reproduction.

This journal will be an account of the process from beginning to end. It will be interesting to see whether my previous experience and current education will make this pregnancy different from the other four.

Now, I'll update you on our situation to begin this chapter of our lives.

jay and I have been married six and a half years and have four children between us.

Brandon is 16, in the 10th grade, plays saxophone, likes mechanical work, and is a typical teenager.

Jordan is 12, a beautiful blooming flower, is in the seventh grade and is in the midst of becoming a lovely young woman.

Braylie, our eleven year old sixth grader, is energetic, a beginning basketball player, plays trumpet, and hates homework.

Kevin, our two year old wonder boy never ceases to amaze us. He is intelligent beyond his age and takes too much room in our bed every night.

Hang on for a wild, exciting trip through time.

For the person beginning to read this journal, this is an intimate look into our family. Treat it with the dignity and respect it deserves. Whether I am still on this earth or not, remember me with a smile as you try to put these words into pictures for your mind.

I haven't read this entry in a long time (probably not since right after it was written). It's interesting to see how I describe the kids now aged 19, 16, 15, and 5!!

I also realize that rewriting the actual journal entries (hand written, not typed) they really need to be edited for proper grammar. I have decided to copy my original writings to keep it real and authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment